The latest regulations around the Speculation Tax have been a major topic lately. This is an Opt-Out tax so even if you don't have to pay the tax, you still have to fill out the appropriate forms to receive an exemption or you could see a hefty tax bill in your mailbox.
This video outlines a few of the things you need to remember:
1) watch for your letter and if you don't receive it make sure you find out how to get one
2) note the individual codes in the letter required for you to fill out the form online
3) have your Social Insurance Number handy along with the codes
4) all parties on title have to register for each property
5) if you have any questions, call the toll free number 1(833)554-2323 open from 8 til 8 seven days a week.